An introduction to Physical Self-Care
Out of the four Auric Alchemy Self-care Pillars, the Physical Pillar is most related to how your body feels on a day-to-day basis. This can encompass short term behaviours to energise or relax you in the moment, or more long term behaviours that set habits in place for improvement and maintenance.
Short term behaviours that can help energise or relax you physically:
- Showers or baths: these are fantastic to help ease aches and pains, as well as relieving tired skin. Tip: use the Auric Alchemy Bath Soaks and Nourish Oils to create a great hydrating and soothing bath
- Dancing: releases endorphins, the feel-good brain compound.
- Romance and Sex: not only are these good for your Psychological and Emotional Self-care, but both love and sex have been proven to help with physical health too.
Long term behaviours that can help with your Physical Self-care
- Working out: this can set routines that your body needs to maintain and improve its strength, flexibility and endurance
- Clean diet: helps with gut health, as well providing nutrients for muscle recovery
- Sleep Routines: helps with recovery and mental health
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it is something to get anyone started on their Physical Self-care Journey.